Sunday, May 22, 2011

Madrid Day 1

I only get 30 minutes free of internet while I am in Madrid a day..so I will have to write this kinda quick!

I arrived in Madrid about 10 am Spain time. 4 am Amuurriccaa time. I sat between 2  little old women (the future Nikki and I) so as you can imagine, I got little to no sleep on the plane sandwiched between them. However, it wasn't really that bad and the 7 hour flight went pretty quick. I watched many episodes of What Not to Wear. There were many young students on my flight studying abroad so it was really fun to talk to them and make friends!

My day pretty much consisted of me being a typical American tourist. Literally, I am pretty sure I have the words "USA" written on my four head. I try to speak Spanish but everyone just talks in English to me anyway. It is a little depressing, but hopefully this will change when I get to Granada in a few days! I got to my hotel and then went to lunch in the center of the city (where all the political action is going on now) with some new friends. We sat on a beautiful outdoor patio. I had some chorizo frito...SOooOOOoo good!! Spanish food is really rich and definitely different than I thought it would be. Mini crabs in your soup is really an adventure. We also had some sangria which was amazing! I will post pictures tomorrow after we go to the museums. We spent the whole day walking around the city. I have wanted to visit Madrid for years so today was really a dream come true. I don't think it has hit me that I am in Europe yet. There are so many little narrow side streets to explore and the city is absolutely beautiful. We went on a bus tour after we got back. I pretty much feel asleep on the bus..ooooppsss!! Then I got my cell phone, went over safety rules with the group, and went to dinner at a little cafe.

Now I am extremely zzzzzzzzzz...busy day tomorrow! Can't wait to explore Madrid some more. Like I said, I will post pictures tomorrow so you can get to see the beauty of the city yourself.

Hasta luego!
-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment