Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Toledo :)

Hola a todos!!

Sadly, Im having a really hard time uploading pictures to this blog. I promise I will work on it when I get to Granada, but for now I will give a little update as to what I have been up to in Espana!

Yesterday was our last day in Madrid. I was a bit sad to leave. The city was beautiful and vibrant and it always felt like something amazing was going on. We went to Museo Reina Sofia...an art museum. We saw some very famous works of Spanish art and Mario (everyone is named Mario in Spain) gave us his prospective on the pieces. It was great to hear what these painting meant to a Spaniard and to their history and culture. Then we went to the Royal Palace. SoooOoOOo extravagant! No royals live there now and it mostly focused the time of on Carlos III, it is really indescribable and I got some amazing pictures outside of it.

We arrived in Toledo today. The city is only an hour or so from Madrid. As I said, I was a little sad to leave Madrid, but the second I saw Toledo I fell in love with its old world charm. The hills were incredible. It is how I have always imagined Europe. The most perfect town I have ever seen. We went on a walking tour for over an hour and learned more about the history of the town. Then we went to lunch and got to explore.

So, beyond the details of what I have been doing, I have been doing well. I love Spain and Europe. I am going to Granada and meeting my family tomorrow. Not going to lie...IM SO NERVOUS!!! I hope I am able to communicate with her and adapt well to the lifestyle. I am just really scared. I know I will be homesick at some point but I hope it is not that bad. I just want to adapt and feel comfortable. Also, I am nervous for my classes and placement test. It has been so long since I have taken a Spanish course so I hope I test well and am able to be successful. I will be studying the next couple of days, but I know for me it is more about the experience of being in Spain and getting to know the culture more than a level or class I am taking. I want to use this time to remember why I loved studying Spanish and I hope I don't get frustrated and give up. Hopefully I will be placed in the perfect level and can follow with ease.

Tomorrow is Maria del Mar day....wish me luck!!!

<3 Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment