Friday, June 3, 2011

Ready for the Weekend!!!

Ahhhhhhh....just finished my first week of class. I have to say, so far so good!! I am exhausted from such an intense week, but tonight I am going out with my friends to the movies so it will be a great way to unwind!! The professors here are really fun and didn't give any homework for the weekend because they knew people would be traveling. How lovely and perfect!! This weekend I will be going to Sevilla and Cordoba with ISA. Sorry if you didn't want to know this, but at my homestay we can only shower for 10 minutes because water is so expensive in Spain. I have to say, I am excited to go spend the weekend in a hotel where I can shower as long as I please! Ooo the simple things. :) I will miss my Spanish mom's delicious food though...just as much as I miss my real mom's home cooking, of course!

So, I have to say, I feel like I am really getting to know Granada. I have had so much fun here. There is so much to do here and there is plenty more I want to explore. However, there are some things I absolutely love about Granada. Teterias (tea room) being one of them. Let's eleborate:

I love tea. I love tea more than I will ever love coffee. I also love Middle Eastern music. So, putting the two together is pretty much a done deal for me. Teterias are Middle-Eastern inspired tea rooms. You walk in and the walls are all decorated with gold and Arabic writing. There are colorful silk tapestries and big red couches and traditional music playing....just to die for! It is like stepping in time. Anyway, you simply walk in, sit at a couch with all your friends, and order a bunch of tea. They have hummus and other little plates to enjoy as well. You can do hookah if you want, too.  My friends and I have gone to a teteria in the middle of town a few times. They even give us free stuff now!

At the Teteria


Ooo, I am working on postcards as well. They should be in the mail soon. Keep a look out!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment