Monday, June 6, 2011

Sevilla!

I spent this past weekend in Sevilla. It was such a fantastic time! After we arrived, ISA pretty much let us have Saturday to ourselves so we could explore. It was a pretty random day of walking around Sevilla...which are the types of trips I happen to like best :)

First Stop: Plaza de Espana. The architecture  here was absolutely beautiful! The plaza ran in a half circle and in the middle was a little river where people where spending the day rowing little boats. It was right by the park and just the perfect little get away from the city. 

We wanted a "fun" picture so we started posing in front of this fountain. The on-lookers in the city thought we were hilarious...
Exploring the city some more!!
Had to stop to purchase my favorite Spanish drink, Aquarius. Basically, it is the European answer to the sports drink. I'm pretty much addicted.
Paella for dinner. Words cannot describe how amazing
It is really not okay that I eat gelato everyday in Spain

Well, this kinda turned more into a food journal than a blog post....

We spent the rest of the night simply roaming the streets and it was incredible! Sevilla was wonderful. However, I was kinda surprised by how much I missed Granada on this trip. What can I say...Granada unexpectedly has special place in my heart. However, it was lovely to have a full length mirror in the hotel ;)

Day 2 I fell ill and there are no pictures because I was miserable. Sorry! hahah.

School is going well. We have the coolest assignment ever in my Language and Grammar class. We have to go out and eat tapas! Well, it is a little more complicated than simply eating the tapas, but I am so excited! We have to go to 3 tapas bars and write about the history of the bar, the areas of interest around the bar, how the tapas tasted and what they were made out of...everything from the tiniest detail of what music was playing. I am sure the professors at BW will love reading this :)

Hasta luego a todos!

PS: I paid for my Morocco trip today. SO excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment